Interior Designer or Interior Architect
Christner Architects, a top-ranked, women-owned St. Louis architecture and planning firm, is seeking an interior designer or interior architect to join our growing Interiors Studio.
Our firm aspires to excellence in all aspects of our work including design quality, technical documentation, and client service. We are seeking a thoughtful, highly skilled, and innovative professional that has a passion for design and aspires to create projects that bring joy and fulfillment to their users.
The principal duties for this role are to establish sound design principles, develop design concepts grounded in those principles, and produce design solutions that reflect those concepts in their form, finish, and function.
The firm’s multi-disciplinary approach allows our Interiors Studio to engage with a variety of project types and markets. Christner is a regionally focused firm and our designers remain closely involved with their projects as they progress into documentation and construction.
About Our Culture:
As architects, designers, and planners from diverse backgrounds, we sit together in an open studio and value daily collaboration. We strive to foster a low-ego environment, that is non-hierarchical, and we believe that all phases of the design process are equally important. As a result, our design accolades are not just a reflection of good design concepts, but also a testament to our entire team and their dedication to thoughtful execution.
We are committed to doing exceptional work, but also genuinely enjoy spending time together. Whether testing the office drone, attending a trivia night, celebrating milestones, or brainstorming during pin-ups – we know that the key to our culture, is finding joy in what we do.
- Is an exceptional communicator and problem solver.
- Ability to develop thoughtful design concepts and effectively communicate design to team and client.
- Has experience with developing construction documents and detailing as well as a deep understanding of appropriate use of finishes and materials.
- Understands the use of BIM for architectural documentation and engineering coordination.
- Ability to execute multiple projects at all phases of design and construction.
- Anticipates and works proactively to prevent or resolve issues.
- Most importantly, aspires to a high level of quality in their work.
- Approximately 2-5 years of work experience
- NCIDQ registration or architectural licensure is a plus
- Experience as an Interior Designer or Interior Architect on multiple projects through all phases of design and construction
- Proficient with Revit, Enscape and/or Rhino
To apply, please email letter of interest, resume and work samples to email@example.com.
Christner Architects is a forty five-person, St. Louis based design firm offering architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, and strategic facility planning services to Healthcare, Education, Corporate, Science & Technology, and Cultural clients. Founded in 1963, the firm has a strong reputation with clients across its regional market for insightful planning, thoughtful design, and exemplary service.
Christner is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes paid time off, performance bonuses, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and life insurance plans.